Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mind Me vs Reality Me






Ever feel like you're not exactly sure of the type of person you are? Are you a passionate person, a hard worker, a go-getter or just a wandering human in search of something you're not even sure of? I ask myself these questions all the time. What is a quarter -life crises? Does it occur to 24 year olds about to turn 25? Is it a person that is always questioning everything in their life from career choices, relationships (family and friends included) and just purely everything else there is to question about the world in general.

Well if that's what a quarter-life crises is then I guess I'm going through one. I'm in such a weird space in my life right now, I tried so hard to describe it to my partner yesterday, luckily he gets me so I think he kinda understood exactly what I meant; I said to him: ' I feel like my life is at a stand still, the only thing I can move really are my eyes and maybe my head but all my limbs are tied to opposite sides by some invisible rope or should I say chain because every things seems a bit much.'

 I'm just not sure which direction I'm going, I'm always second guessing every decision I make - it's like I don't  trust my own head to make decisions for me - shit is real, it's beyond late for me hahaha (the kinda of laughter that's not like a funny joky laughter but when you're actually in disbelief of a situation.)


A lot of times I feel like the mind me (the person I imagine myself to be) and reality me (who I actually am) live two separate lives. Mind me is so much cooler, she can only dream of a quarter -life crises, that shit ain't real to her. She's a super-duper woman, who knows what she wants and knows exactly what she needs to do to get it. She isn't scared, the world is her oyster and she enjoys  it with a little tabasco sauce and a pinch of salt (delish) - the original bitch! And then we come to the reality me, always doing things the safe -way; no risk taker, she's cool and amazing similar to mind me but she doesn't quite have her shit together just yet.


I mean I do have a lot of faith on reality me, she'll do great and everything but I think she needs to get out of her comfort zone a little bit more and actually start taking charge. I want both mind me and reality me to come together as one, I just haven't quite figure out how. When I do figure it out, you'll be sure to know - but for now - mind me and reality me are still sitting on opposites sides of the room.

1 comment:

  1. I love the inspirational message behind this post ....

    ReplyDelete